Image Map

Sunday 13 July 2014

Face of the day #1

Yesterday morning I was in the mood for doing something a bit different with my make-up for the day.

As I was in the mood for experimentation I decided to use a combination of primer and bb cream, something I don' think I have done before. The primer I used was Revlon's Photoready Perfecting Primer. I haven't used this primer much so I don't really have a strong opinion of it (yet). But I do like how it feels on the skin. Wanting something foolproof (because I was doing my make-up in a rush and in bad lighting) and natural I used my Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in 'light'. This is the only bb cream I have ever loved using and will definitely repurchase it. I then used my holy grail blush, the Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush in 'light/medium'. Sadly I think this has recently been discontinued?! I've been on the hunt for a back-up but I can't find them anywhere! What I love about this blush is that it is foolproof, easily build-able and gives a lovely natural look.


On my eyes I used #2 from the Chi Chi Nudes Palette which is a pearl pinky nude. I don't have the Naked Palette but I believe this is similar to UD's 'Sin' colour. I also used my Rimmel London 'Endless Lash Accelerator' Mascara. This mascara makes my lashes look amazingly long and the brush is really good - very thin and long. 

On the lips I wore Maybelline Baby Lips and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Honey'. 

I was really happy with how this look came together which was nice as I often feel disgruntled with how things turn out! Usually things look better in my head than they do in real life. 

And now a question for you. I have never done a FOTD post before. I don't want to post photos of my face here on the blog. Would you prefer to see swatches on hands or cropped photos of my face? Cheers :)

3 comments:

  1. Revlon Balm Stain in Honey is my absolute favourite! :) I haven't tried that mascara yet, but would love to! As for photos, I love face photos or swatches! Even just to see a combination of new products is great, don't feel pressured to pop up photos that you don't want to post :) X

    Bec | Bec & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the mascara, it's 50% off at Priceline at the moment! Think I'll do swatches next time I do a FOTD. Thanks for the feedback :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that mascara! x

    Kirsty
    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.