Image Map

Monday 4 August 2014

Sally Hansen 'Bittersweet' Nail Polish Review + Nail Art

A couple of days ago I painted my nails with Sally Hansen's 'Bittersweet'. I wrote up a review of it but thanks to work, uni, winter rain and lack of light, photos didn't happen. Then today when the sun came out I realised my nails were too chipped to swatch. So I decided to do a bit of lazy nail-art.


'Bittersweet' is a dark brown polish that looks a lot darker on the nails compared to what it looks like in the bottle.


Drying time was pretty good with this polish considering my coats were quite thick...oops! The formula was non-streaky and quite thick which is something I normally like but I found that despite this colour being very dark I needed two coats. My first coat was pretty opaque but I felt like it looked patchy.....hence the second coat. I don't know if that makes any sense because how can it be opaque and patchy at the same time???


To hide a couple of chips I stuck on some french manicure tip guides from Essence and painted over the chips using Revlon's 'Fall Mood' nail polish. I thought this actually turned out pretty well and it was super quick. With a coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri top coat this took no time to dry. Yipee :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.