Image Map

Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 - Favourite Eye Products

2014 is coming to an end so throughout the next couple of days I am going to be posting about all my favourite beauty products of the year. I'm kicking it all off with my favourite eye products.



I've had a bit of a love affair this year with pink eye shadows. I'm not talking about bright pink but the more pale, natural looking, pink shades. I'm all for simplicity and find these neutral shimmery pinks are great for when you just want to wear one eye shadow all over your lid. I feel like these make shades make my eyes look bigger and make me look awake - perfection! The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'Inked in Pink' is a great pink cream shadow. Simply swipe a finger over your eye lid and you have an easy and long lasting eye look. I also really love the pale shimmery pink baked eye shadow in the 'Summer Fiesta Eye Palette from Kit Cosmetics'. It doesn't last all day but it does last for a decent amount of time (4-6 hours, no primer) and it is easy to apply. For some reason I always thought baked eye shadows had poor pigment but the baked shadows in this palette have great pigmentation!

Left: Kit Cosmetics Baked Eye Shadow Right: Inked in Pink Maybelline Colour Tattoo

Top: Kit Cosmetics Baked Eye Shadow Bottom: Inked in Pink Maybelline Colour Tattoo


When I haven't been wearing pale pink shimmery eye shadows, I have been wearing nude shades. This year I have loved wearing the 'Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil' in 'Yoghurt', which is a great champagne / beige /  rose gold colour...It is hard to put your finger on exactly what colour it is as it is quite shimmery  and changes colour depending on the light. I really do love the colour of it though as it is neutral and appropriate for any occasion or time. Plus, I just "colour in" my eye lid with this and I'm ready to go. Lasting power is reasonable (around 5 hours) and pigmentation is good. The only downside I can see with this product is the packaging - the plastic cap easily breaks and this means it is very easy to push the cap down too far and smudge the shadow.

I have also loved and used regularly my Chi Chi 'Nudes' eye shadow palette. With a  great selection of matte and shimmer shadows in neutral shades I have everything I could possible want or need for a neutral eye. Lasting power is fine and pigmentation is pretty good (except for a couple of the shadows that are slightly lacking in the pigmentation department). If you haven't already tried this palette out I highly recommend you do!

Top: Nyx 'Yoghurt' Middle + Bottom: From the 'Nudes' Chi Chi Palette


This year the mascara that has impressed me the most is the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless mascara. It truly makes my lashes look longer and has an easy-to-use formula.

So those were my most loved eye products of 2014, I would love to know which eye products you loved throughout the year! You may (or may not) have noticed that I have added Disqus to my blog. I hope this makes commenting easier and more interactive for you.

Cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.