Image Map

Thursday 27 August 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara Review

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a new Maybelline mascara, the 'Lash Sensational' Mascara in the pretty metallic pink tube. You've probably seen it...it's been everywhere lately. 



Let's begin by having a look at some of the things Maybelline claim about this mascara:

  • It's their first patented fanning brush. 
  • 10 layers of bristles to cover all your lashes.
  • Gives you a full fan effect. 
  • The "inner curve" of the brush is for the roots of your lashes and the longer brushes are to fan our your lashes. 
I have never seen a mascara brush like this one before, it has a small line of bristles and then the rest of the brush is filled with larger bristles. The brush itself is quite large and is slightly curved. The concept of the inner curve and the outer curve (is that what you would call it?) isn't some gimmick - I can clearly see what they are talking about. But that isn't to say that you pick this brush up and instantly know what to do with it (or maybe you do and it's just me?). Overall though I do like the brush and the inner curve definitely helps to to get into the roots of your lashes and the larger section of the brush does fan out your lashes.  


I definitely love how this mascara looks on my lashes. It lengthens them, gives them volume and curls them up and out, like a fan, easily. Plus it holds the curl pretty well too! My lashes normally look pretty ordinary but with this mascara I feel like they look awesome :) 

The one thing that stops me from saying "this mascara is amazing" is the formula of it. It is an extremely wet mascara and couple that with the fact that the wand holds an excess of mascara, it can get messy. I find myself scraping off heaps of mascara on the side of the tube before actually applying it. 

Overall this is a really good mascara and, if you don't mind a mascara that is quite wet, you will probably love it. I really adore the effect this mascara has on my lashes, and the brush is decent, but I do wish the formula wasn't as wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.