Image Map

Thursday 5 November 2015

October Beauty Favourites / First Impressions

Before I get into the nitty gritty details I want to make a disclaimer - yes these are "beauty favourites" but unlike most of my monthly favourite posts, these products are all quite new to me. So are these tried and tested? No. But at the moment I am loving them...stay tuned for more details review posts once I have worn them for more than 3-4 weeks. 

So let's get into it! A couple of weeks ago I left the house with zero make-up on. It was fine, it was a quick trip out of the house. Wait a second, no it wasn't! I had to go to work too. Luckily I ran into a Priceline grabbed a foundation and lipgloss. The lipgloss was over-priced and not that great. Thankfully the foundation, Rimmel London's Lasting Finish 25hr Comfort Serum, was super impressive. At this point in time I'm not 100% sure about the claim that it lasts 25 hours but the coverage is really nice, it is very easy to apply and it looks and feels amazing on the skin. It also has SPF20 which is useful. 


Moxie's lipstick in 'Get Ready' was an impulse purchase but definitely not a waste of money - especially since the tube clicks up and down - so much fun but completely besides the point! 'Get Ready' is a super juicy pink berry. The formula is creamy and quite opaque. Lasting power is pretty good too :) A perfect lipstick for the summer.

Have you smelt Nivea's Vitamin Shake in 'Cranberry & Raspberry'? If you haven't, you NEED to!!! It smells like raspberry/strawberry milkshake. The formula is creamy and sitting on the fence between thick and lightweight, and of course moisturising. I love Nivea lip balms, definitely worth trying if you haven't before.

Finally, one product that I have used consistency for over a month is Essano's Rosehip Regenerating Facial Moisturiser. This is a mini tube that I got in an Essano kit but I will most definitely be purchasing the full size tube. It is a really decent moisturiser, not too heavy but provides a good level of moisture without interfering with make-up. It sinks into the skin quickly too which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.