Image Map

Saturday 9 January 2016

2015 Beauty Favourites

It's time to round up the beauty products that I loved the most and used the most throughout 2015. Overall I think that in 2015 I discovered a number of amazing products and there are a number of products that I cannot imagine not using daily. My skincare routine changed but what changed more drastically was my make-up routine...but that's another blog post (note to self!).


Innoxa Pure Silk Skin Primer

A silicon based primer, this primer provides a silky smooth base for my foundation to be applied onto. Not only does it make make-up application easier but it makes everything look significantly better. 

Australis Pressed Powder 

This pressed powder from Australis is a marvellous beauty staple that prolongs the wear-time of your foundation and blends easily into your skin - no cake face to see here! 

Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

Okay so what's going on here? Two Australis pressed powders?! That's right, I swear I'm not going crazy. This Fresh&Flawless powder is an Aussie beauty icon and if you don't have this sitting on your dresser you need to give it a shot. It's a 2-in-1 foundation and pressed powder that can be worn alone, over primer or with your foundation. It adds coverage, helps to hide my redness and applies easily. I prefer to apply this with a kabuki brush over the sponge that comes with the compact. This could be my favourite product for the entire year. 

Mac Lustre 'Syrup' Lipstick

This is most definitely the most worn beauty product of 2015, I would be surprised if I had worn this fewer than 4 days a week. It's a beautiful and easy choice to reach for as the colour is very appropriate for anytime and anywhere, regardless of whether you have a full face of make-up on or a no make-up day. Being a lustre means has a slight shine and can be built up to a mid level of opaqueness. You can wear it more sheer too. Syrup is a berry mauve colour, leaning towards the pink end of the spectrum. I wear this lipstick nearly every day - seriously! If you want to buy a Mac lipstick buy Syrup!!! 

Nyx Butter Gloss in 'Angel Food Cake'

We are going to skip the whole "butter glosses are the best, they smell divine...blah blah blah" spiel...Angel Food Cake is a beautiful deep rose pink colour which is very glossy. Unlike some of the other glosses in this range, this one has no hint of milkiness, the colour is pretty opaque for a gloss, and super shiny!

Maybelline Lash Sensational Full Fan Effect Mascara

During 2015 I broke away from my habit of only having one tube of mascara open at the one time. I wouldn't say I was obsessed with trying out different mascaras but I am definitely on the path to obsession! The Lash Sensational mascara from Maybelline is brilliant, the rubber brush is an unique shape which helps you get the "full fan effect".  The formula is lightweight, doesn't smudge, doesn't clump and gives you a really impressive effect. This mascara doesn't get consistently good reviews online however I personally love it and think it is worth trying out! Well obviously considering it made it into this post! 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance

I never wear eye shadow without first applying this eye shadow primer first! It truly does make your eye shadow last ages. I typically buy cheaper eyeshadow, which typically lasts around 5 hours without primer, however with primer I find most of my eyeshadow lasts up to 8-12 hours. I love this eyeshadow primer and certainly recommend it. 

Maybelline Colorshow Crayon Khol

This pencil eyeliner is by far the best eyeliner I used during 2015. Being a beginner my eyeliner skills are lacking...what I love about this eyeliner is that being a pencil it is quite dry, making it harder to make mistakes. It also doesn't smudge easily. 

Nyx Love in Paris 'Merci Beaucoup' Eyeshadow Palette

This is a great little palette with a lovely range of colours, regardless of whether you want a natural eye or a pop of colour. Without primer the eyeshadows last around the five hour mark. They apply well and blend quite well too. I adore the deeper pink colour and the matte brown. The matte brown is in no way chalky, has good pigmentation and blends well. 

Garnier Moisture Match Light Softening Cream (Normal to Dry Skin)

This is a really good basic moisturiser which I discovered whilst my skin was going through a crazy stage. I love how this moisturiser is very hydrating without being slippery. It sinks in nicely and leaves your skin feeling hydrated all day long. 

Olay Complete Defence Daily UV moisturising lotion SPF 30+

This is my go-to moisturiser for the summer months. It moisturises my skin, sinks in quickly, leaves no weird residue behind and has SPF 30+ which is great! I also love the packaging, the pump bottle makes application easy and mess free. 

Essano Facial Moisturiser 

Before you go squinting at the picture and asking yourself where it is...it's not in the picture because I have ran out of it :( but this is a fabulous moisturiser!!! It sinks in super quickly, doesn't interfere with the application of make-up and doesn't leave any weird residue behind. 

Essano Gentle Facial Exfoliator 

Whilst I have previously stated that the fresh & flawless powder was my favourite piece of make-up from 2015, I think this exfoliator from Essano is my favourite skincare product from 2015. This facial exfoliator is gentle enough to use every day but still has quite a dense, gritty feeling to it. It lathers nicely and feels exfoliating without feeling to rough. It's not the most gentle facial exfoliator I have ever used but it is a great product nonetheless. I prefer exfoliators where you can actually feel something happening, and that is exactly what this one feels like, but without feeling as rough as sandpaper! 

Now time for the nail polish!!! This blog begun as a nail polish blog and although it has grown I still love a good polish of nail polish! This post is ridiculously long so I'm going to simply list the polishes, they all have great pigmentation, good formulas and dry reasonably quickly. 

My favourite nail treatments for 2015 were: OPI Nail Envy (Sensitive version) and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. 

My favourite nail polishes for 2015 were: OPI Big Red Apple, OPI Hands Off My Kielbasa!, Marry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in 'GNP 38'. 


Happy New Year and may 2016 be a marvellous year :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.